Thursday, May 22, 2008

vineyards, vineyards.. everywhere...


So we made it through the Central Valley and my moms house. All went amazing well there, minus the episode where my gramma was a bit delusional and thought that my mom said all these bad things about her. Then my mom got mad and had me talk to my gramma and tell her that she never said them. My gramma started crying and telling me how she wishes she was dead and hates how my mom locks her in the house (which she does, but mostly because she has alzheimer's and she doesn't want her wandering off... again.) So my gramma's crying and crying. She is telling me she just has to live with it. Any time she trys to tell my mom anything she won't listen and just gives her more meds, and she can't do anything about it. She has given my mom all of her money and she has spent it all and she now has no control over her life. My mom's having a temper tantrum this whole time and is yelling and slamming doors. Then later I hear my mom telling my gramma that she's ruined the day and everyone (me, Don and the girls,) are afraid to be near her now because we're scared of her. Okay, really now?
So, besides all that, my mom's house was better than usual. I just feel sad for my gramma tho, cause I know how controlling my mom is. Also I can see how my mom just spends all of my gramma's money. She can never keep a job, so if it wasn't for my gramma supporting her she'd be out on the street (again.)
So with that behind us, we are now at Don's folks house in Geyserville. Locked away in a fortress of vineyards and olive groves. It's actually quite beautiful here, I always forget just how amazing it is.
Yesterday we went to the Ocean and played on the beach. I love the Ocean, I think it's what I miss the most living in Tucson. Hopefully tonight we will get to go to Napa and stay the night at Barrett and Holly's cool new pad, and then tomorrow we are going to be in Oakland for TWO DAYS!!!!
Yipee!! I can't wait to see all by friends and get away from all the presures of family. Just have fun and do whatever we want without having to ask for permission. OH yeah, it's gonna rock. Of course, the inlaws are still protesting our little side trip, but too bad.

Oh and one more thing, why is it hotter here than in Tucson? This is SO not fair!



July 24th, 2006

No comments: