Thursday, May 22, 2008

Love


There is something about autumn that just makes me all gitty inside.

I adore the radiant colors. The bright reds, yellows and browns of the leaves. It's just amazes me that nature can create all these colors on just one tree.

I also love the change in weather. The cool mornings and the warm breezes (sorry if I sound like a Hallmark card!) There is something in the air that just makes me happy. The smells, the feel, I don't know exactly?

But I think best of all is celebrating Halloween with my kids. Going to the pumpkin patch, deciding what to be and then making up costumes, carving pumkins, all that stuff. The kids get so into it, it's all so exciting to them.

Today we carved our pumpkins and roasted the seeds. They both drew pictures on their pumpkins, then I carved them out. It was THE most exciting thing ever to them. They loved pulling out the gooey seeds and feeling the inside. Ari quickly figured out how to shoot the seeds across the room with her two fingers. Then she would laugh and laugh. After we carved the pumpkins we roasted the seeds ate them. They came out really good too! After all our pumpkin fun the girls dressed up in there costumes and we went to this toy store up the street called Ms. Tiggy Winkles. They have a Halloween party for the kids every year and it's pretty cool. They have story telling and games, and even some trick or treating. It was so fun for the girls. They were so happy.

Aaaah, having kids rocks! It just makes the whole season even more special.

Oh yeah, and tomorrow we are decorating sugar skulls. What we do afterwards with them I don't know?



Oct 29, 2006

No comments: