Thursday, May 22, 2008

And we're off...


Tomorrow morning (or late tonight as I like to see it,) we make the big adventure. We (meaning I) get up about 4 am, finish packing, turn certain irrigation off, check others to seen if they work, blah-blah-blah. Write notes to the WONDERFUL friends who are taking care of animals/house. Then we are off by 5 am. Drive to Phoenix (2 hours) to park someplace near the airport. Take a shuttle over to the airport and check in by 7:45. Our plane leaves at 9:45 am, but being all international an all and not letting us print boarding passes today (grrrr) we need to be there two hours early. Oh did I mention the whole "owassa" thing? Whole nother story! So We get to Mexico City around 2:45 pm. I love the fact that it take us five hours to get there and only one hour to get back! Time changes are fun! We do the whole cab thing (no car seats, and have you ever driven in Mexico City? Fricken scary!) So we're at our Hotel at last! Right? Well... of course then we need to eat and be tourists and such. Oh yeah, our Spanish SUCKS! Okay three days later.... 2 1/2 hour bus ride south to Tenancingo, in a bus with no banos and two small children. Once we are there, I'm sure it will be beautiful and we will have friends an it will just be one big rainbow (go with me on this one.) Anywho it's an adventure and I'm excited! AND the kids are still awake and it's 11:30 pm. Guess I gotta go

June 4, 2006

No comments: