Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chicks and ducklings and mice? OH MY!

Today my friend Mechelle had a "first day of summer" party at her house.
She lives in co-housing and the place is beautiful. I've been dying to get a chance to bring my kids over, because I knew they would just flip. They're both love being outside and I knew they go crazy for all the flowers and fruit trees everywhere.
And, of course, they did!
They also loved the fort, the playground, the kids room, the swimming pool, the hot tub, and the freedom to just run around unsupervised in this 5 acre wonderland.
It was a beautiful thing to watch.
It also makes me a little sad that they can't have they sort of freedom where we live now. Still how cool is it that we are able to hang out there.
What a great community!

Of course the biggest thrill for the kids came from the 3 day old ducklings and chicks. We started off our day with them, and then had to see them twice more before finally be able to depart.
And that's what they get for being all cute and fuzzy and adorable!
The only way we were able to pry the kids away from the the ducklings and the chicks was when Mechelle brought out the mouse and let Ari carry her around co-housing inside a plastic ball.
If it weren't for those early morning chores, my kids would so content to live on a farm.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, here is the master plan:
We will all move to Mexico near Betts and buy a farm. I'll teach the kids, but the whole "chore" part will not come from parents but rather me. Then you guys will not have to deal with trying to get them to do chores. I think it sounds wonderful.