Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Family Jewels


Yesterday I found my moms old "stash box."

I was honestly really excited to find it and open it. I hadn't seen it in years, and I thought that it was lost.
She gave me this box when I was about 22 years old and I've realized that it my one possession of hers that really has meaning for me.

This box was always under the couch in the living room at house house on Addison St.
The "special" box, with the funny smell.
I don't know why but this box brings back fond memories of childhood.
Funny, how that is, but this box that gives me warm fuzzies. Maybe I just inhaled it's sweet aroma a little too long this morning?
I think the box reminds me of back it the day when my mom actually had a "stash."
She was happy and laughed a lot. She had lots of friends and parties, and life was good.
We had a piano, my mom played records, and she played the guitar every now and then.
The smell of the box just reminds me of this time in my life.

So go and take your great-great nana's diamond wedding ring, I don't care!
I have my mom's special box to pass down generations.
Stash Box
Oh and to double-score, I also found the ring Don gave me when he asked me to marry him instide the box! Oh the wealth my kids will inheret from me!


April 10, 2008

No comments: