Thursday, May 22, 2008

Littlest Pet Shop Cemetery

Our house is completely under construction at the moment as we s-l-o-w-l-y install stupid bamboo flooring (I’ve got a whole nother blog about that -thanks Jared!)
We are now forced to hang out outside a lot these days, which is actually great. The weather is bootiful and we have tons of finches all around our feeder.
OH, and did I mention all the wildflowers that are starting to pop up!
The front yard is now our only salvage.
(cause our back yard is too messy for me to handle... grapefruit anyone?)

The frontyard is where the girls play all afternoon.

They love these the Littlest Pet Shop thingys right now.
For those poor people that aren’t wise of these LPS ways, they are these cutesie little plastic animals with bobble heads.
I find them frightening, the kids love them.
So, now these animals have completely inhabited our whole front yard.
They have quickly mobilized and colonized the front yard.
These things own plant-houses, have lakes, forests, parks, and even have medicinal gardens and sugar cane fields.
Plus some have died in their great colonial efforts, so there is a cemetery.
Their graves have tombstones and flowers on top of them.
And YES, there is even a heaven for those folks that have been true to their bobble-headed faith.
Coincidently it’s underneath the bird feeder, so it’s filled with seed husks and bird poop.
Is this really what my kids envision heaven to be like??? Hmmm.


P.S.
I planted a Santa Rita Prickly Pear next to an Acacia tree today when my 8 year old told me that the Acacia was the "nurse tree" and eventually the prickly pear would take all it’s resources and kill it.
I think she’s wrong, I think only a saguaro would do that? Prickly pears are too small.
But still, I felt a little dumb-founded. What if she’s right?
And who majored in Natural Resources at UCB?
DAMN!

March 15, 2008

No comments: