Saturday, January 10, 2009

Etsy mishap

I have a problem.
Okay I have several problems, really.
But this particular problem is what we are delving into today.
This problem involves never reading directions.
I can never follow a recipe exactly.
I have a hard time putting together the complicated toys, and I leave all wiring and computer issues to my husband. He is the opposite of me. He'll be online fer days looking up directions and rereading them before trying to do a project. Not me! I have to just do it and figure it out for myself.

I guess this is because I'm an active learner. I can only learn by doing.
I can read the same paragraph over and over, but I won't figure it out until I do it for myself.


This is my rationale for my Etsy mishap, and I'm sticking to it!
Because I didn't read the etsy listing all the way through.
I reacted and I bought.

Here is what I did.
I thought I was buying a really cool scarf at a bargain price.
STOOPID.
Really, why would this scarf be only $5 and there is no shipping?
Photobucket

Hmm.... maybe because I just bought the pattern and not the actual scarf?
Now I'm trying to teach myself how to crochet ala youtube and kids books (because I can't follow the directions of grown-up books.)

Anyway, I'm sticking to my guns here, and I think this mishap was solely because I'm an active learner. Now I've actively learned to read postings carefully before purchasing them.
So if'n anyone out there knows how to crochet?

2 comments:

Rebecca @ Mom-a-Tron said...

Kathy taught me to single and double crochet today. YAY!

Unknown said...

Hey Anna, Happy late birthday! I love yr kitty pillow btw--and it'd be well worth it to learn to crochet in order to make the fried egg scarf, that's pretty hot!

I can only half assed crochet, that and knitting I do half assedly, mostly as a excuse to only make scarves!

rebecca