Sunday, November 2, 2008

Clare Hope

Not to make everyone weep while they read my blog again, but I just now saw this and had to share!
I was searching for a picture of Clare to use for an alter and I couldn't find the one I had saved on my computer. I'm making an alter for her for the Procession of the Little Angles this Saturday.
I finished one of two plaques I made for Clare a couple weeks back and emailed a picture of it to my good friend Jill, Clare's daughter. I'm planning on mailing Clare's family the plaque after I use it in the alter.
I never received an email back, and never really thought about it.
But just now I went to Clare's memorial page to see if I could copy her picture off for her alter and saw this:
Clare's Hompage .

I can't quite describe what I feel right now.
I guess just feel so honored that a picture of my plaque is up?

Now I'm even more enthusiastic about making and alter for her for Saturday! Plus I know if I had died first she'd be the one making one for me.
One of the reasons I love the whole Dia de Los Muertos celebration, is it lets you celebrates the lives of people who have died instead of just mourning their deaths.
And if anyone knew Clare they knew she loved to celebrate and threw the best parties!

No comments: