Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All Souls et al.

I've been stressed out and busy and now I'm just looking for something to get my mind off what I should be doing.
Anyway pictures from our Day of the Dead and Alls Souls week have been looming in my mind and now it's time to get this monkey off my back.

First, are pictures from the Day of the Dead festivals at the Tucson Museum of Art.
Plus a little piece of advice...
...don't paint your kids faces for the event.
It's not the face painting kind of event and your children will be mortified the whole time, and probably have to seek therapy at some point.
Oopsie.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Teagan thinking about how much her mom just humiliated her in public.)


Procession of Little Angles.
Clare's alter was on display here and the girls meet up with some buddies.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And last but not least (drum roll please....) the All Souls Procession!
This year we went with Sophie and her mom, and meet up along the way with Isabelle her sister Mia and their parents. We tried to stay for the finale to watch Sophie's dad hanging off the the crane, but once again the kids got too tired and wanted to go home.
We lived in Tucson for five years now, and haven't missed a procession yet.
I think it remains my favorite thing about Tucson.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Obviously, it's cool to paint your face at the All Souls Procession, just not the Day of the Dead one. Word.

No comments: