Sunday, September 14, 2008

good ol' barn raisin'

The last two mornings I got to help with a barn raisin'.
Okay, it was actually coop raisin', but it was still monumental.
The sense of community was fabulous, and the chicks will have some sweet digs when it's completed.
Waaaay nicer than the hokey coop I have!
I'm really excited for our chicks to finally leave the guinea pig cage and move forward in their little chicken lives.

Here are pictures of building the coop:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sometimes people got creative with the techniques..
Photobucket


Then there were people who just watched others work (like ME.)
Photobucket


Finally it just got silly.
I can't believe these people are my friends?
JK, yes I can!
Photobucket
Photobucket

The kids had a blast, just hanging out when school was closed. It was like a huge playdate for them. Plus the felt pretty important being involved in making our "Community Garden."
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And hey, if the chicken thang doesn't work out it can always be used as a 3rd grade classroom.
Photobucket

No comments: