Friday, July 9, 2010

Centro Nacional de las Artes

Teagan got her wish yesterday and we went to see the movie Eclipse at the cinema.
For those of you not wanting to pay to see the movie here is a nice little synopsis of the movie all played by cats by Pop Suede. Wednesdays in Mexico are two for one days at the movies. Plus we were able to find Eclipse in English with Spanish subtitles. So Teagan was a pretty happy camper.

The nearest cinema to us is CNA, which stands for Centro Nacional de las Artes. The cinema is next to a beautiful green area that house many art, dance, and music schools and theaters. We walked through the grounds and buildings while we headed home, but didn't have much time to look around, because of course it started to rain.
But here is some pictures of the kids running around on the grass and the, um... art.


Notice how the two hedges next to the two blurs that are my children resemble a bird and a face? There seems to be some kind of fondness here for cutting your hedges to look like objects? Most are cut to look like animals some just look like poodles having bad hair days.

This guys stands at the entrance to the art building. We tried to ask him directions, but he was not much of a help.




Now this one is um, really special.
My kids thought it looked like their chicken Ginger? I who was I to argue?
One of my friends noticed that there is a cord, and it must light up at night.
Wow.
I guess my only comment here is that at least it seems to promote safe sex?


Another view...


I actually like this piece a lot, because I relate to it. Some days, I would not be surprised if a bird tried to make a nest out of my hair either.

No comments: