Friday, June 25, 2010

So long, farewell, I hate to say good-bye...

We have had a hard couple of weeks. Mexico City has been challenging for us, mostly because of language barriers. We are all taking Spanish classes at Escuela de Idiomas Coyoacan but still we are far from fluent. The children are having an especially hard time, and miss their friends.
We did have a lovely visit to visit Betts and Carlos in Tenancigo last weekend (I'll post pictures soon,) but came home to news of death. First our chicken Coco, and then my grandmother Mary which was very hard. Then yesterday I heard that our dog Carmen helped kill our friend's cat Gary. So sad. So much death.
I am hoping in the power of three's, and that this is it for the rest of our trip?!

Anyway, I saw these beauties for sale last weekend in Tenancingo and they made me chuckle.
Because of course the deceased love flowers, but what they would really want now that they are dead are beer and cigarettes.


I suppose this isn't much different than "pouring a forty for yer homie?" Hmm?

If only I knew about the death that was awaiting us I could have stocked up on these.
But still, I don't think that our chicken, Stephanie's cat, nor my Mormon grandmother care for beer and cigarettes? Well... maybe the chicken would have enjoy the delicious roses?

1 comment:

CB said...

Just commenting so you know someone's out there reading and missing you! So sorry for these last two weeks! *Big hugs!*