Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day two:

Mexican plumbing is not my friend.
I guess you cannot flush toilet paper down the toilet here?
I have been plunging and dumping hot water down the toilet all day.
As soon as I get it somewhat cleared out ... there is a new prize for me in there and I start all over again.
I guess I need to call or email the landlord.

We walked around a little today, trying to find the large park Viveros de Coyoacan. Don didn't really know where it was, but insisted it was just right up the street. An hour, two crying kids, and many blisters later we just turned around and came home.

I have to admit I really do not want to be here, but I'm trying to make the most of it. It would be entirely different if I spoke spanish, but I don't understand anything that's going on around me and it's very frustrating.
Plus I do not understand why we are here if Don can't speak spanish? His whole dissertation is based on interviewing Mexican cab drivers. I seem to the only person here that think speaking the language is important. Which is also very frustrating.
Plus the poop issue, not a good day.
Oh lord! Hope is gets better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Anna, I love your blog! Btw-I'd forgotten, but when I went to Mexico in high school we were told not to flush toilet paper. I know, ewww!

Unknown said...

hi sweets!

Hang in there! If you hadn't figure it out, all tp goes in the garbage--& that you can burn outside if you got a place to do that- otherwise it goes with the garbage....perhaps you should check in with the neighbors tho first!