Monday, April 13, 2009

Bunnies and fairy rings

Easter was pretty mellow at our house.
The kids had an egg hunt twice.
Once from the Easter Bunny and one from the Easter Don along with their friend Sophie.
Photobucket
Photobucket

First of all I have to say our eggs were rockin!
We dyed them this year using men's neck ties.
What you do is get some silk ties, cut them and wrap them around your eggs, then wrap a cut up towel or other fabric over them and tie it. This is so the color doesn't run onto other eggs.
Boil the eggs for 20 minutes in water with vinegar.

And voila, tie dye!
Photobucket
I think they could have come out better if I was more exact about wrapping the ties, but I kinda liked the swirly effect.

After friends went home and candy was devoured, we all settled down into our own projects.

I finished these onsies for my SIL and started on her baby quilt.
Photobucket

...and the kids started making a fairy ring with some mushrooms we have (the bigger one I made in my pottery class.)
Photobucket

Luckily the ring is in the front yard, so we won't have to worry about any innocent chickens stepping inside.
We've already lost 5 chickens to the neighborhood cat, we can't afford to lose anymore to fairies.

No comments: