Saturday, March 14, 2009

What tha F...

Today we spent a slow Saturday lounging around the house.
The kids played, I made a couple shrinky dinks and we all had a hard time motivating.
We finally made it over to the the Festival of Books around noon.
WOW!
Tucson festivals always cease to amaze me.
Never in Berkeley would there be such an amazing family friendly event!!
It was actually too big and the kids were a bit over stimulated.
We went to a few booths, said "hi" to a few friends, and visited Rebecca at her booth.
Then quietly snuck into the sweet World of Words library that she works at. I highly recommend visiting it if you go. It was like a little bit of tranquility underneath the super highway of people. PLUS fyi, it's a good place to pee!
(NO, I did not squat in the aisles of your library Rebecca. I swear that smell did not come from me!)

The whole thing was so very cool.
It makes me a proud Tucsonian to live in a place that has such devotion to learning and to it's children.
Every festival in Tucson always has children's activities.
In the Bay Area festivals were rarely kid friendly much less kid oriented.
I blame this "love of children" crap on our proximity to Mexico and their child loving culture.
Damn them!

Tomorrow the Festival of Books continues.
At 11:30am the monk in the bookstore will be erasing the sand mandala and giving away the sand to people so they can bless their homes with.
We just may have to go back for that!

And to prove I'm not making this all up....


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: