Tuesday, August 19, 2008

more BS

Another year in the Borton Bird Sanctuary awaits.
It still feels way too hot out there, but just as peaceful as always.
Friday we will start our volunteer tour and orientation of our quaint little sanctuary.
By "we," I mean other BS people. Not me.
I get to hang out and weed at my other daughters school.

So many weeds, so many schools...

Here are a couple of pictures I took yesterday of the barrel cacti that are blooming.
I tried to harvest some "tuna" yesterday, but I was beaten to the juicy prickly pear fruit!
Theyt had all vanished!
I was hoping to make juice with Ari's class too. Next time I'll be quicker!
I'm still not sure what beat me, man or bird?
I think both?

Well, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The last one makes me happy for some reason ;)

No comments: